Are you looking for the perfect hair style for you?
Need a change? Some women can go their whole adult life and not change their hair style or their hair color. They are not concerned with what's in or out of style and feel comfortable wearing the same look for decades. But if you love being up to date in the fashion world, you may be looking for a new look. Something new, something different. Some hairstyles can really date you. Do you remember the "big hair days" of the 80's or the "poodle perms" of the 1950's? Well, if you're looking to change your style or just update your look, we can help. Fear not, we have everything needed for great new look.
Where to start?
Any good hair style starts with a good haircut. Finding and keeping a good hairstylist can be as important as finding and keeping a good doctor. A good hair stylist will get to know your hair type and be able to cut your hair in the direction that it grows which makes styling your hair so much easier.
So how do you find a good hair stylist? The easiest way is to find someone who has a great haircut and ask them who cuts their hair. Even if you have to try several hair stylists before you find the right one for you it will be worth it in the end.
Bring a picture of the hairstyle you want to create to help the hairstylist know more about the hair cut you need.
If you would like to try the hair cut of your favorite celebrity then bring their picture into the salon.
What should you do if you get a bad hair cut? First, the most important thing to remember about your hair is that it will grow back. Hair grows at the rate of 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month, so patience is needed here. The next step is to try and make the most of it. Perhaps you can style it in a fashion you hadn't though about like waves or curls. Look for new style that might work. If your hair is still long enough to get it cut again you can want to try again, perhaps with a different stylist, though.
What should you look for in a new hair style? A good hair style should bring your "total image" together. It should complement your style in clothes, be in proportion with your body and accentuate your best facial features, as well as help to de-emphasis the ones you're not too crazy about. Having trouble choosing? We're here to help.
How to choose the perfect hair style for you.
What things should be considered in order to pick the perfect hairstyle?
1. Your face shape: The most important thing to remember about choosing a new style is to know what works with the shape of your face. A hairstyle that compliments the shape of your face will flatter your assets and help to disguise your flaws.
Click here to find your
2. Your size and height: Your hairstyle should compliment your body size. If you are already tall you don't need too much extra height from a hairstyle. Just the same, if you're short and perhaps a little heavier on the bottom, a very short hairstyle will make you look like a triangle. Keeping this in mind pick a hair style that puts the top third of your body in line with the rest of your body.
3. Your life style: You already know how much time you can devote to a new hairstyle. Be sure to pick one that will fit into your life style. Are you a busy mom with little time for fussing? Or perhaps someone who loves to get up early and devote a good hour to getting ready for work. Keep the time factor in mind when picking out a new hair style. A versatile hair cut that can be styled in many ways is a great idea. Can your haircut work with just blow drying and a little mousse? Can you curl it for a fancier hairstyle, or can it be upswept for an elegant look? Only you know your lifestyle and what you need your hair to do.
4. Your personality: An outgoing personality may crave a hairstyle that gets noticed, whereas, an introverted, shy women may want only to blend in with the crowd by picking a simple hairstyle. Pick a hair style that reflects your personality. One that you can live with.
5. Hair Texture: The texture of your hair plays an important part of whether a hairstyle will work with your hair type. There are many hair products available today to help you add body, volume and /or shine to your hair. Knowing the texture of your hair will help you decide which hair products will help you achieve the hairstyle you want.
Here is how to tell what texture your hair is:
Remove a single strand of hair from your head. Fine hair feels like pure silk thread, coarse hair feels more like cotton, and medium texture is somewhere in between.
Fine Hair: Fine hair tends to be soft and fly away. It can be thick (you have lots) or thin (not so much). Fine and thick hair can be grown longer and looks good in a bob style, but fine and thin hair works best with shorter styles. Soft perms can be used to make fine and thin hair look thicker and to add body. Fine and curly hair should go with a curly hair style and make the most of the curls, for the perfect hair style.
Medium: Medium texture hair is the easiest to style. All style options are open for you.
Coarse Hair: Coarse hair tends to be heavy and thick. Natural redheads and most Asian women have coarse hair. This textured hair usually looks good in longer styles, unless your hair is on the thin side, then stick with shorter styles. If your hair is naturally curly be sure to get a good cut to help it stay in control.
Now you have great advice on how to choose the perfect hairstyle.
All you have to do is pick a length and you'll be on your way to finding the perfect hairstyle for you!
Click the link under the hairstyle pictures of your choice to see more hairstyles and how to create them.