Celebrity Weight Loss Tricks
Or, How do I Keep from Hurling My Scale Out the Window?
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- The Long Dark Night: Penelope Cruise has said that she sleeps for 12 hours a day. It’s simple math…the less you are awake, the less you eat. But who has 12 hours to sleep besides celebrities? If you are serious about losing weight, you need to get serious about getting enough sleep and in the proper environment. For the ultimate weight reducing snooze, sleep for at least seven and a half hours a night. People that get less sleep tend to eat more. Also, sleep in the darkest room possible as light disrupts your sleep and your body’s natural rhythms. And finally, sleep in a cool room. Cooler rooms make it easier to fall asleep.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Daily Weight Date:
Many dieting stars weigh themselves every day. While some experts are proponents of the weekly weigh in, a study shows that people who weigh themselves daily lose more weight because they feel more accountable to stick to their plan. The reason the weekly weigh in is recommended by some is so that you do not get discouraged by the numbers going up and down. But being accountable for less time may actually cause you to think you can forgo the diet for a day or two since you don’t have to see the damage done until Friday, for example. So as long as you remember when you weigh yourself daily that the numbers go up and down with your biology, digestion and even the weather, the daily weigh in will be more likely to keep your diet on track. On the other hand, if you are not dieting, a weekly weigh in is much more suitable. Why obsess?
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Tea for Two Reasons:
Black tea is not only brimming with antioxidants, but it also blocks fat absorption. So if you are going to go for fattening food you might want to sip some black tea with your meal.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Lunch in a Box:
The Lunch Box Diet is Cameron Diaz’s secret for losing about 5 pounds a week. The plan suggests that you eat breakfast and dinner, but carry a “lunch box” or container filled with 60% vegetables, 30% protein like lean chicken and 10% fat like nuts and graze on the lunch between breakfast and dinner. The object is to cut cravings while stimulating your appetite to eat healthy foods. This diet is convenient for those who work in an office because it eliminates the need to go to the vending machine for snacks.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Slow and Steady:
Don’t try to become a dieting expert overnight. In a study, dieters who incorporated small changes into their routine, like eating breakfast, or getting enough calcium, lost more weight than dieters who tried to make major changes to their lifestyle overnight. This is because small changes are easier to stick to. If you try and live a perfect lifestyle overnight, you are engaging in “all or nothing thinking”. Therefore if you make a mistake, like eating a donut or forgetting to drink water, you are more likely to throw in the towel. So start small and build from there.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Imaginary Goodness:
If you can’t get rid of a craving, before you give in and indulge, imagine eating what you are craving, bite by scrumptious bite. Eat the dish as you normally would. For example, if you are craving a piece of pizza and normally leave the crust on the plate, replicate the experience in the exact same way with your imaginary slice. Research shows that when you pretend to eat a treat it tricks your brain into thinking that you did really eat the treat and therefore you crave it less as your brain feels more satisfied.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Track that Snack:
Can’t afford a membership to a weight loss club? Log onto Sparkpeople.com or Nutrimirror.com where you can track your food consumption and exercise regimens. People who track their progress tend to lose more weight and keep it off. If you are not web-savvy, there may be a free weight loss meeting in your community.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- An Apple a Day:
Losing weight can be almost forty percent easier if you eat an apple a day. Apples contain pectin, a fiber that helps your stomach to feel full for longer periods of time, helping to curb your appetite. So snack on apples. An apple with natural peanut butter will help you resist the urge to overeat for even longer!
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Breakfast Blocker:
People who eat breakfast are more likely to skip junk food later on in the day. A study showed that those who skipped breakfast were more likely to consume fatty foods such as pizza and potato chips on the same day than those who ate first thing.
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Blue News:
A cup of blueberries a day can help you lose weight by changing the way your body uses fats and sugars. People who eat blueberries lose more weight around their mid section than people who don’t eat them. Mix a cup of these delicious berries into your cereal or yogurt. Yummy!
• Celebrity Weight Loss Trick- Got Milk?
People who get the recommended dose of calcium and vitamin D lose more weight than those who do not. So be sure to get a few glasses of low fat milk a day.
• Celeb Weight Loss Trick- Great Green:
Want to rev up your metabolism? Well, we all know that four cups of green tea a day can do the trick. But what if you are not a tea person? Take a supplement. Get 300 mcg of the green tea extract EGCG a day and you will burn almost 35% more fat.
Return to Celebrity Body Secrets
Return from Celebrity Weight Loss Tricks to Celebrity Beauty Secret Goldmine Homepage