Celebrity beauty secrets: What are your favorite star's beauty tips?
Since celebrities like Christina Aquilera have access to all the best beauty tips, techniques, and products, they have a lot of secrets to share. To discover their beauty secrets click on the letter of their first names and scroll down.
Scroll to your favorite celebrity, or the star who looks most like you, or simply keep scrolling down to check out all the celebrity beauty secrets!
• Alicia Keys is a fan of natural, thick, long lashes. She has shared her love for Talika Eyelash Lipocils, a product formulated to promote eyelash growth by stimulating the root of the eyelash! The claim, which is actually backed by the French Advertising Claims Bureau, is that this gel formulation gives you eyelashes so long and thick that you don't need mascara! To see more information, read user reviews or to purchase click here to go to Amazon.com.
• Like many celebrities, Alicia Keys has endorsed the Proactivskin care product line to keep her acne-prone skin under control.
• Alyssa Milano is known for her variety of brunette hairstyles. She likes to vary her look to keep it fresh, by going with light brown hair with dark blonde highlights, or with rich brown hair with caramel highlights.
Andie MacDowell's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• What hair color product does Andie MacDowell frequently use for her hair color commercials? Excellence Creme 6RB Light Reddish Brown.
• Want curly hair like Andie MacDowell has once in awhile? Learn how to curl even the thickest, straightest hair in our Best Ways to Curl Hair article.
Angela Bassett's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Angela Bassett loves Dremu Oil, the anti-wrinkle, anti-aging serum with a long list of celebrity clients that has been called a "face lift in a jar".
• Do you wish you could find flattering, natural-looking foundation for darker skin, like Angela Bassett wears? Try Iman's cosmetic line, called Iman Cosmetics, which specializes in foundations and other types of makeup for the skin tones of every ethnicity! Finally darker skin tones, and hard-to-match-skin-tones have a line designed especially to flatter them. Iman has even written a book called The Beauty of Color: The Ultimate Beauty Guide for Skin of Color, which reveals all of her celebrity beauty secrets for gals of color. Find Iman Cosmetics at Amazon.com.
Angelina Jolie's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Wish you had full, pouty lips like Angelina Jolie? While hers are natural, you can plump yours up without collagen injections. Click this link Lip Fusion XL for more information about a lip plumping product with a long celebrity client list.
• Angelina Jolie is a huge fan of Paint Cosmetiques Glaze Stick in Bittersweet (a cinnamon shade). This creamy glaze can be used to brighten eyes, lips or cheeks! She wore it during the making of Mr. and Mrs. Smith and to the Academy Awards where she picked up the Best Supporting Actress trophy for Girl Interrupted! It is available at Paintcosmetiques.com.
• Angelina Jolie's hairstylist shares his celebrity beauty tip for adding volume to the roots of Angelina's hair. He does this with a little sprinkling of Johnson's Baby Powder and a hair dryer. You rub the bady powder into your roots and then blow dry it away. It also mops up any grease from "second or third day hair", acting as an emergency dry shampoo.
Anna Kournikova's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Want to grow super-long hair like Anna Kournikova has? Is this even possible? Check out our popular article Make Hair Grow Faster to find out how to get long, strong and healthy hair. Check out our Celebrity Hair Secrets for more great tips for your hair.
Ashanti's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Ashanti’s makeup artist Ayako is bonkers about neutral or beige tone lip color. If you have fair skin try a beige color with a hint of pink to it. Darker skins should pick a shimmery shade of nude or brown lip color.
Ashlee Simpson's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Ashlee Simpson is famous for being a hair color experimentalist. If you wish to go from blonde to brown and then back again, be sure to read, How to Use Hair Color so you don't ruin your hair!
• Ashlee Simpson loves strong, black eyeliner. She likes to rim the inner, lower lashline and extend the length of her eyes for a dramatic look. Check out our article Beautiful Eyes to create mesmerizing peepers of your own!
• Beth Chamberlain loves Teamine Eye Complex, a product which helps her with dark circles under her eyes. It used to only be available by prescription but now is available over the counter! Get more information about Beth's beauty secret at Amazon.com.
• Long after her heyday as the French Marilyn Monroe in the fifties and sixties, people are still doing internet searches to find Brigitte Bardot's beauty tips. There are so many tips that Brigitte has her own page. Visit our Brigitte Bardot page.
Britney Spears's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Like many other celebrities, Britney Spears manages her acne prone skin with Proactiv Solution.
• Britney Spears is one of many celebrities who uses the Fake Bake line of self tanning lotions.
• Britney Spears is becoming a fragrance mogul. Her first perfume, Curious, made 30 million dollars in its first 3 months. Her perfume which seems to have the most die-hard fans appears to be Fantasy. The perfume contains notes of kiwi fruit, cupcake accord, white chocolate, orchid, red lychee, jasmine, orris root, golden quince, and woods. How's that for scent-sational?
Brooke Shields's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• What acne treatment does Brooke Shields use to keep her skin clear? Why, it's Proactiv Solution of course.
• Brooke Shields has been known for her distinctive, full eyebrows. Check out our article Get Flattering Eyebrows to see how to make the most of yours.
• Brooke Shields has been a spokesperson for Latisse, a prescription solution which can grow thicker, fuller lashes in 16 weeks. It is important to keep in mind that the product may change your eye color pigmentation and that results only last as long as you use the product.
• Brooke Shields is one of many celebrities who love AmazingConcealer by AmazingCosmetics. What’s so great about this concealer? It is very concentrated so a tube lasts a long time and it does a fabulous job of covering under eye circles, blemishes, scars and even rosacea. And it's waterproof!
• Carmen Electra has had her makeup done by Alexis Vogel who is famous for turning celebrities and average Janes alike into bombshells! Alexis is famous for giving celebrities and models that famous big hair, big lashes, cat-eyed, pouty lip look like Carmen has! You can actually learn how Alexis applies makeup to celebrities like Carmen step-by-step, if you order her video set from MakeupConnection.com. There is a video about makeup application and one about hair and lashes in the set. Alexis has a lot of tricks up her sleeve! She also has her own line of cosmetics at MakeupConnection.com and her lipliner in Adobe is one of the most natural looking, flattering shades we have ever seen. It sure is convincing when you create Alexis's trademark pouty lips with a liner that is the same color as your natural lips!
• Carmen Electra is known for working out to keep her body in shape. Get your celebrity body by visiting our Celebrity Body section or by checking out our Best Fitness Tip List , if you need the motivation that keeps Carmen in fitness mode!
Carrie Underwood's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Carrie Underwood has said, “Dermacia is the only makeup I’ll use. I really don’t like wearing makeup, but this feels like I don’t have any on”.
• Carrie Underwood lost 20 pounds, by adopting a healthy vegetarian lifestyle which includes soups, veggie burgers, a personal trainer, and a cross training machine. Can’t afford a personal trainer? Call your local gym. The cost of membership may include periodic appointments with a personal trainer.
• To get a head turning hair style of soft waves and curls like Carrie Underwood has, you’ll need your hair cut with long layers. Her hair is set with rollers and blown dry. Use a small curling iron sparingly for tighter curls here and there.
Catherine Zeta-Jones's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Wondering what anti-wrinkle serum Catherine Zeta-Jones uses? It is Dremu Oil, a celebrity beauty favorite.
• Catherine Zeta-Jones gives her hair luxurious luster with castor oil. Wow, I never would have thought of that!
Charlize Theron's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Charlize Theron’s makeup artist Steven Cooper likes to accentuate the eyes with bronze shimmer lip gloss. Just add a dab to the area right above your eyelashes and blend with your fingers. The bronze shimmer gives your eyes a flattering glimmer.
• Charlize Theron's hairstylist loves to give her deep, side-parted hair. Try a deep, side-part in the front and then drag the comb more toward center as you reach the back of your head.
Cheyenne Kimball's Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Singer, songwriter, and guitarist Cheyenne Kimball, who has played both solo and with the country band Gloriana loves Stila Lip Glazes in Banana, Watermelon and Strawberry.
• Cheyenne’s favorite blush is Nars Blush in Torrid for its purple-pink color. She says she likes it because it’s a powder blush with a little sparkle to it, so it looks like your cheeks are glowing.
• Cheyenne Kimball loves Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric because it’s a pretty turquoise blue color and she loves Urban Decay eyeliner in Lucky because it’s a “classy”, “fun” color. She says the colors are vibrant and perfect for stage.
• Cheyenne Kimball believes that it is very important to protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. She uses Sephora Super Shield Skin Saver SPF 15 because it is oil free and doesn’t cause her sensitive skin to break out.
• Cheyenne’s favorite mascara is Christian Dior’s Diorshow Mascara. She says it’s amazing because it doesn’t get clumpy and it gives her lashes a “nice, feathery look”. She said it was recommended to her by a makeup artist and she’s been using it ever since.
Christina Aguilera Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Christina Aguilera is known for trying different hair colors and hair styles. If you like to experiment with your hair, become your own hair expert by checking out our Celebrity Hair section.
Christina Milian Celebrity Beauty Tips :
• Christina Milian has silky hair in photo shoots thanks to Kerastase Voile Oleo-Relax. This is the celebrity hairstylist choice for taming unruly strands and for infusing such hair with a silky texture.
• Christina Milian gets a glam face by mixing two MAC lipstick shades, Glam and Cyber.
Christina Ricci Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Christina Ricci is known for her raven-esque dark hair. Learn how to go brunette by checking out our article How to Use Hair Color!
Ciara Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• For Ciara's "Oh" video, her makeup artist used MAC's plumb lip liner to outline her lips and finished her pout with Christian Dior's Candy Apple gloss # 478. Ciara's favorite blush is MAC's Ambering Rose.
• Ciara has been seen sporting J Brand skinny jeans. She says, "I love how they fit when you wear fly heels with them". Visit Jbrandjeans.com for more information.
Cindy Crawford Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• What anti-aging serum is a favorite of Cindy Crawford? Dremu Oil.
• Cindy Crawford loves to share her beauty secrets. She has written a beauty secret book called Cindy Crawford's Basic Face and has her own line of anti-aging beauty products, called Meaningful Beauty which utilize an antioxidant found in melons to keep skin youthful and glowing. Click here for more information on Meaningful Beauty.
Courtney Cox Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Courtney has endorsed Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream, which has earned the title of being a “Best of Sephora” winner for the last two years. According to Courtney “The results are undeniable. Kinerase works.” It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by using the highest concentration of Kinetin.
• Courtney Cox uses Automatic Camouflage Concealer by Sue Devitt.
• Courtney Cox does workouts designed by celebrity personal trainer, Tracy Anderson, to stay in shape.
• Daisy Fuentes drinks one liter of water and one liter of chamomile tea per day when she wants to accelerate her weight loss.
• Daisy Fuentes endorses Windsor Pilates, a workout system on DVD. The deep breathing exercises tone your body and flatten your abs by strengthening your core. The deep breathing is great for your circulation.
Demi Moore Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• How does Demi Moore stay so young looking? Well, she says it is because she lives with the fountain of youth, also known as Ashton Kutcher. Or maybe it's because she uses Dremu Oil.
• Demi Moore’s luminescent glow is attained through the use of skin illuminating cream. These shimmer creams reflect the light and cast it onto the skin. This in turn makes the skin seem smoother and younger.
Denise Richards Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Which form fitting jeans are some of Denise Richard's favorites? J Brand Jeans!
• Denise Richard's look is complimented by her full eyebrows. To make your eyebrows look fuller you can very subtly thicken them with the feathery strokes of an eyebrow pencil. Be sure to apply a brow sealant to keep this look together. You can also enhance your eyebrows by brushing on an eyeshadow shade in their color over them, by using an eyeshadow brush.
Diane Lane Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Diane Lane reportedly loves Shu Uemura Moisture Eye Zone. These are moisture-intensive pads you can rest under your eyes or anywhere dryness and fine lines are. These will plump up your fine lines and make your skin soft and hydrated before a big event!
• Elisha Cuthbert's signature look consists of very arched and defined eyebrows, cat-eyes, very light blonde hair and bangs. To get Elisha's eyebrows, use a sharp eyebrow pencil in a blonde or taupe shade. Really define the arch of your brow with your pencil. You may want to pluck hairs underneath the arch to further emphasize the angular shape. Then highlight the area underneath the arch with a touch of foundation or shimmer powder in a shade lighter than your regular foundation shade.
• For Elisha Cuthbert's cat-eyes, build your mascara in multiple coats at the outer corners of your eyelashes, which gives the optical illusion of eyes that are lifted at the corners. You may also want to exaggerate the end of the line you draw with your eyeliner ever so slightly up to lift the eyes (go easy and avoid Cleopatra eyes).
• For Elisha Cuthbert's hair color, you can try one of the shades of L'Oreal's Les Blondissimes collection which will take light brown to blonde hair to very light blonde. If your hair is medium brown or darker and you just have to have her color, go to a salon or you will end up with orange, brassy hair.
• Elisha Cuthbert has been sporting two different types of bangs: short bangs which do not reach her eyebrows, which make her look like a blonde Betty Page, or longer side swept bangs which graze her eyelashes. Elisha also looks great sans bangs!
• Elizabeth Taylor was called, "the most beautiful woman in the world". Elizabeth Taylor was known for her dark hair and violet eyes. To get an Elizabeth-esque look, your hair should be dark brown or black. Curl your hair (steam or gel rollers work well) so that it curls in toward your face and so that it curls under on the bottom. Brush out the curls with a hair brush, so that they maintain their shape. Elizabeth's look was also characterized by full eyebrows and red lips.
• In her later years, Elizabeth Taylor was still stunning, and was a major player in the world of fragrance. Her popular fragrances include White Diamonds, Forever Elizabeth, Gardenia and Passion.
Elle Macpherson Celebrity Beauty Tips:
• Can’t imagine Elle Macpherson with skin problems? Well, like tons of other celebs she is a fan of Proactiv. Clearly from the celeb roster acne is not just a problem of teens.
• Elle Macpherson says that her skincare routine takes ten minutes. It consists of cleansing, exfoliation, moisturizing, and drinking a ton of water. She loves Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk and Facial Toner.
• Elle Macpherson’s favorite makeup items include NARS Eyeliner Pencil, Black Moon and Lancôme’s Juicy Tubes in Pamplemouse (for her lips, as she hates lipstick).
• Elle Macpherson loves tan skin but she always wears La Prairie Cellular Sun Cream SPF30 to protect her skin from harmful rays. She finishes her tan look with Guerlain's Terracotta Bronzing Powder.
•Veviter by Guerlain is Elle’s favorite fragrance. Although it's a man's fragrance, some women like it too! It reminds Elle of the sea and of lounging at the beach house.
• Eva Longoria's hairstylist Ken Paves has a trick for covering roots between colorings, according to the little Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets. He spritzes the roots with hairspray and then paints on them with eyeshadows in the same color as the hair dye.
• Eva Longoria loves Shu Uemura products. She uses Shu Uemura liquid eyeliner in black, Shu Uemura luxe false lashes, Shu Uemura eyeshadow in M Brown, and Shu Uemura Glow On blush in P Amber.
• Eva Longoria adds color to her complexion by applying Girlactik's gold shimmer cream to her forehead and cheeks. Eva also likes Girlactik's Star Shadows in Timeless and Satin to accentuate her eyes.
• Fergie has revealed her secret to flab abs. She learned the abdominal exercises featured in the video, Basic Ab Workouts for Dummies, and has done them religiously ever since. She keeps herself energized to do the ab routine and to perform on stage with the Black Eyed Peas, by occasionally drinking a sugar-free Red Bull.
• In the same article, Fergie explained her diet. "I eat low-fat and low-carb, but I can't cut carbs out completely. I like them too much. For me, it's all in moderation. I eat turkey burgers, chicken, and fish. And Boca Burgers are great, high in protein and low in carbs and fat."
• Fergie also said, "I really like Clarins self-tanner, but I usually mix it in with my moisturizer; that way, I know it'll never streak, because it's so subtle. You do that a couple of days in a row, and it's great."
• Fergie uses City Lips lip plumping products to give her that pout.
• Goldie is just one of many celebrities who love Dremu Oil anti-aging serum.
• Goldie Hawn is also a fan of ReVive Intensitê Volumizing Serum (available at Reviveskincare.com). This anti-aging serum is purported to give you antioxidant protection while it plumps wrinkles and fine lines, and combats blemishes and darker areas of pigmentation because of the quicker cell turnover that it promotes! It’s key ingredient, Keratinocyte Growth Factor, has been touted as the closest thing to the fountain of youth.
• To get Goldie Hawn's hair color, you'd be best off going to a salon. They will need to use a high-lift, extra light, golden blonde tint with multi-colored highlights.
• To get Goldie Hawn's hairstyle, or any celebrity's hairstyle for that matter, take her picture to a salon and show it to your hairdresser. The key features of Goldie's hair cut are that it is face-framing, has an off-center part, and long bangs. To style, spritz it with spray gel, roll it in Velcro Rollers, and then tousle and spray with finishing spray. Its softness and contouring make her look years younger.
• Halle Berry is yet another celebrity who sings the praises of Dremu Oil for staying so young looking.
• Halle’s makeup artist uses 2 of the 4 colors in Revlon's Coffee Bean eye shadow pack to make Halle’s eyes pop.
• Do you wish you could find flattering, natural-looking foundation for darker skin, like Halle wears? Try Iman's cosmetic line which specializes in foundations and other types of makeup for the skin tones of every ethnicity! Finally darker skin tones, and hard-to-match-skin-tones have a line designed especially to flatter them. Find Iman Cosmetics at Amazon.com.
• Although she didn’t win the presidential race against Pedro in the movie Napoleon Dynamite, Haylie Duff’s lips look full thanks to City Lips.
• Heather Graham's hair stays silky, soft and shiny thanks to Ionic Conditioning Treatments. This is a salon treatment in which Hair Renewal Crystals are melted into the hair shaft with a flat iron to give the hair a silky appearance and feel.
• Heather Graham reportedly gets flattering eyebrows from an Indian beauty secret known as threading, which is less painful and more precise than waxing or tweezers. This ancient hair removal technique has a lot of celebrity fans. Shalini Vadhera, a celebrity makeup artist exclaims, "You are going to get the most amazing arched eyebrows!"
• Heather Locklear uses Micropearl Abrasion to keep fine lines "at bay". It was invented for the Baywatch girls.
• Jeans that hug your curves – Hillary is a fan of J Brand Jeans
• Hillary Duff has said that she is very careful about the food that she puts in her body. She eats nutritious food as often as possible to keep her skin clear. She also spaces out her meals. To stay energized so that you are ready, willing and able to work out, you should try to eat small meals and snacks every 3 hours. For example, you can eat breakfast at 6 am, a snack at 9 am, lunch at 12 pm, a second snack at 3pm and dinner at 6pm. At each meal or snack, combine protein, carbs and a bit of healthy fat for optimal energy.
•Supermodel Iman's Beauty Secrets can be found here.
• Makeup maven Iman has many beauty tips from her days as a model and as the head of her own beauty product line. Iman believes that skin care is extremely important and without proper skincare your makeup is not getting the great "foundation" it needs. She says that women of all colors should use an SPF to prevent sun damage. She also recommends emphasizing either eyes or lips. In other words, if you do smokey eyes, do a nude lip. If you do natural eyes with just a touch of mascara, you can do a bolder lip.
• For Jamie King, there is a skin care trinity that she can't do without...drinking lots of water, exercising and moisturizing. This is how she keeps her skin looking fantastic.
• Jamie King has also revealed a product trinity that she can't live without...she is a fan of Epicuren, especially the exfoliant, Kiss My Face, especially the lip balm and La Mer, especially the lotion. All of the above she uses to keep her skin and lips soft and smooth.
• Jean Harlow was the original "blonde bombshell". She was to the 1930s what Marilyn Monroe was to the 1950s- the platinum blonde who captured the public's imagination. Jean Harlow is the one who started the platinum blonde hair craze that is still seen today (modern platinum blonde Gwen Stefani played Jean Harlow in the movie The Aviator). 1930s women dashed out to bleach their hair after seeing Harlow's movies. Although Jean Harlow had a very short life (she died at 26) her impact on the beauty and entertainment industries continues long after.
• Jean Harlow wore white satin gowns, which along with her platinum hair and ivory skin made her appear to glow.
• Jennifer Aniston has been said to have had oxygen facials, before each taping of the show Friends. Oxygen facials, also known as oxygen therapy, consist of a fine oxygen mist which is sprayed on the face. Oxygen facials are said to eliminate redness and irritation and are said to rejuvenate the skin and make it glow!
• According to People Magazine, Inimitable Mascara by Chanel is Jennifer's "Star Secret Weapon". She loves it so much that she had it flown in from Paris after using it for the Oscars.
• MAC Frolic lipstick and Spice lipliner are Jennifer's favorite lip colors. MAC Spice lipliner is known among makeup artists as the lipliner that most closely resembles a natural lip color. It is a great product if you wish to make your lips look fuller without looking like you "drew new lips on".
• Jennifer Hudson, the Golden Globe winning vocal powerhouse, lost 60 pounds, and went from a size 22 to a size 10, after she wrapped Dream Girls! After gaining weight for her roll as sassy songstress Effie, Jennifer Hudson began a healthy eating plan of salads, fish, and chicken. She also became an avid runner and a spokesperson for Weight Watcher's Points Plus Program, which emphasizes the importance of eating fruits and veggies. On the old Weight Watcher program, fruits were usually 1 or 2 points. Now they are zero points. Weight Watchers is hoping people will choose to eat a banana over a handful of potato chips if the fruit is guilt free.
• Jennifer Love Hewitt like many other Hollywood stars is a fan of LipFusion, the lip plumping wonder product.
• Jennifer Love Hewitt loves to indulge her eyesight with Hard Candy fingernail polishes, which come in many pretty, pastel, candy colors. There's just something so cheer-inducing about looking down at your robin's egg blue or lilac nails.
• Jenny decided to go blonde when she decided that her particular shade of brunette was "too mousey". Later on she decided that she missed brunette hair and revisited the color for awhile. These days her hair is long and blonde and she either straightens it and wears it center parted, or she wears it shoulder length and layered. Both of these looks can be created with the Sedu Hair Iron.
• Celebrity hairstylist Kyle White is gaga over Oscar Blandi's Luce Sheer Gloss. He uses it on Jessica Alba and exclaims, "It contains light-reflecting polymers that last longer than silicone products"!
• Wondering how Jessica Alba gets that tan glow? She uses a self tanner before award shows, or for any occasion she desires. Visit our Best Self Tanners in the Celebrity Body section to find out which brands give the most natural looking, tan glow.
• Jessica Biel is famous for her enthusiasm for working out. There are many pictures of her power-walking her dogs, or taking her workout outside. She loves yoga, going to the gym and running on the beach. Much has been said lately about how Jessica Biel's backside suddenly got so shapely. This is because her workouts specifically target her bum, legs and thighs, because she considered these her "problems spots" beforehand.
• Jessica Biel is a fan of rowing. It gives you shapely arms (without bulk) and hamstrings and is a great cardio workout to boot!