Happy New Year,
Celebrity Beauty Secret E-zine brings you the very latest products and techniques that celebrities are using to look beautiful.
Here you will find the secrets to making the most dramatic improvements in your body, hair, makeup, nails, skin, style and weight loss!
If a friend forwarded this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting...
Celebrity Beauty Secret E-zine
Issue #005, New Year Edition 2007
Happy New Year! Inside this jam-packed issue you will find secrets you won’t find anywhere else, on how to make this your best year ever, such as:
• What’s New at Celebrity Beauty Secret Goldmine: Don’t miss this special section where you can link to our latest articles, including, “Dermacia Breathable Makeup”, “The Very Best of Beauty”, and “Help Me! Are There Face Slimming Tricks for My Full Face?”
• Celebrity Beauty Secrets: Our homepage’s teaser celebrity beauty secrets revealed! Don’t miss this!
• Free E-Gift: An article called “Celebrity Diet Secrets: What are the Latest Dieting Trends Among Celebrities?" This article will be part of an upcoming book which is not yet available to the public, but because you are a valued e-zine subscriber you get it first, free!
• New Years Beauty Resolutions: Wear makeup that’s good for your skin, drink lots of water, quit smoking, make exercise fun and more!
• Self-improvement Tip: New Year, New You Through Journaling
What’s New at Celebrity Beauty Secret Goldmine?
Dermacia Breathable Makeup
Find out which "breathable" foundation supermodel Rachel Hunter and Carrie Underwood use that is considered the first truly anti-aging, anti-acne foundation on the market! It is clinically proven to deliver 308% more oxygen to your skin than wearing nothing at all! It is water-resistant, so it can be worn to the gym or in the pool. The colors are so natural looking that the makeup is virtually undetectable. And the level of coverage can be adjusted from sheer to heavy! Don't miss this article!
The Very Best of Beauty
We reveal the very best beauty products on the market today. This list includes award winning products and products celebrities use. Here you will find the very best foundations, mascaras, concealers, bronzers, blushes, anti wrinkle creams, anti wrinkle treatments, acne products, and acne treatments, all in one place!
Help Me! Are There Face Slimming Tricks for My Full Face?
Does your face always seem wide or full no matter how much weight you lose? This is probably your natural face shape. Here you will learn how to make a full face appear slimmer with makeup and hairstyle tricks. You will also learn what celebrities with full or round faces do to look great!
Celebrity Beauty Secrets: Our Homepage’s Teaser Celebrity Beauty Secrets Revealed!
This e-zine will periodically reveal the secrets that we use as “teasers” on our homepage to get you to subscribe to our e-zine. Stay subscribed and you will get all the answers! Here are the next seven in our series:
Teaser: Learn which anti wrinkle oil is used by Beyonce, Shakira, Halle Berry, Cindy Crawford and Goldie Hawn! It is used by celebrity makeup artists, actors, and super models! It has garnered rave reviews in many magazines like Harpers Bazaar, Vogue magazine and Beauty and Fashion magazine.
Secret Revealed: The anti wrinkle oil is called Dremu Oil. See our article Best Anti Wrinkle Creams in our Celebrity Skin section for more information.
Teaser: Learn how Gwen Stefani's hair, which is bleached platinum blonde, looks so healthy! You will also learn how to get the brassy yellow and gold tones out of your colored hair once and for all. Now your hair can look "freshly salon colored" everyday, even if you color your hair yourself at home!
Secret Revealed: Celebrity hairstylist Mark Slicker, who has worked with Amanda Bynes says that Gwen must take very good care of her hair. Bleached hair needs a heavy protein deep conditioning treatment several times a week (the conditioner must have protein in it because protein is removed from the hair during the bleaching process and needs to be replenished). Gwen must also make sure to protect her hair from the sun. You can try one of the hair oils that contain an SPF or you can apply sunscreen to your comb and then run it through your hair if you just have to go out into the sun. To get rid of gold and brassy tones, use Goldwell Colorsoft Foam or Mouse in a shade close to your hair color shade. Or use Artec Shampoos and Moisturizers in similar shades. You may have to experiment with different shades of these products until you find that “just right remedy” but the good thing is that these products are all temporary colors. See our How to Use Hair Color article in our Celebrity Hair section for more information.
Teaser: Wondering which concealer is a favorite of Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker? This concealer covers blemishes, scars, and undereye circles and is waterproof!
Secret Revealed: Amazing Concealer from Amazing Cosmetics is the concealer of choice of these celebrities. Visit our Beauty Boutique by clicking the button on our home page for more information.
Teaser: Find out which lip product will actually build up the collagen in your lips for the best long-term plumping results possible. This product is used by Teri Hatcher, Tyra Banks, Jamie King, Penelope Cruz, Nicolette Sheridan and Jamie-Lynn DiScala. This product was a Good Housekeeping Reports 2004 Winner!
Secret Revealed: The product is called CityLips by CityCosmetics. Visit our Beauty Boutique by clicking the button on our home page for more information.
Teaser: Learn how you can get step-by-step instructions for creating the big hair, big lashes, dramatic-eyed, pouty-lip look that the makeup artist to Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra gives them!
Secret Revealed: Carmen and Pamela have had their makeup done by Alexis Vogel who is famous for turning celebrities and average Janes alike into bombshells! Alexis is famous for giving celebrities and models that famous big hair, big lashes, cat-eyed, pouty lip look like Carmen and Pamela have! You can actually learn how Alexis applies makeup to celebrities step-by-step, if you order her video set from MakeupConnection.com. There is a video about makeup application and one about creating great hair and lashes.
Teaser: Discover which L'Oreal hair color shades your favorite celebrities, like Beyonce, Heather Locklear, Andie MacDowell, and Milla Jojovich are wearing in the hair color commercials.
Secret Revealed: Heather Locklear’s glorious blonde locks owe their claim to fame to L’Oreal’s Superior Preference color #9 ½ BB. The name is Extra Light Beige Blonde. Andie Mcdowell chooses Excellence Crème from L’Oreal’s hair color line. Her Loreal hair color of choice is Light Reddish Brown #6RB. Beyonce (when she’s a blonde) uses L’Oreal’s Feria Cool Blonde #81 as her LOreal hair color. Milla Jojovich has chosen Feria’s Chocolate Cherry #36 from LOreal's hair color line. Penelope Cruz chooses Loreal's Natural Match #5W which brightens her own natural color.
Teaser: Learn how to get the shiniest hair possible! You will learn what the absolute newest products are for adding shine (including a shine glaze you can do at home that lasts for 4 weeks). Jessica Alba's hairstylist shares which product he uses to give her hair superb sheen!
Secret Revealed: These secrets are revealed in our article Add More Shine to Your Hair in our Celebrity Hair section.
Free E-Gift: Celebrity Diet Secrets: What are the Latest Dieting Trends Among Celebrities?
By Sara Liz
What are the latest trends in Hollywood for losing weight?
• Here’s a great alternative to Diet Coke. According to the Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets, personal trainers in Hollywood encourage stars to trade in their cans of diet soda, for bottles of sparkling water and packets of Emergen-C (available at drugstores). Mix 2 packets of Emergen-C into a liter of sparkling water. This concoction helps you burn fat faster and helps motivate you to exercise according to a clinical study by Arizona State University.
• Star Jones’s weight loss is rumored to be the result of a medical intervention, but Star has said it is the result of 10 to 12 glasses of water a day, a low calorie diet, and Pilates. You decide!
• Sometimes celebrities go with the cult-following diets. Sarah Michelle Gellar was rumored to have used the cabbage soup diet, Kylie Minogue, used the grapefruit diet, and Liz Hurley has tried the watercrest soup diet. Weight loss professionals advocate Weight Watchers as the most effective diet, however.
• Many celebrities are drinking acai drinks as of late to aid in dieting.
• We all know Anna Nicole Smith claims to have lost 69 pounds by using Trim Spa (baby!). You’ve probably seen the new commercials with Carmen Electra touting the “weight-loss beauty pill”, NV, which contains ingredients to aid in weight loss and in promoting great hair, skin and nails. Eva Longoria and Terri Hatcher are fans of hoodia for their weight loss boosts. If you are thinking about trying a weight loss pill, then be sure and check out the fine print on the television screen when these commercials air. It always says, “Results not typical”, and “these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA”, and that the pill should always be incorporated into a “sensible diet and exercise plan”. So, don’t expect miracles. You can’t lose weight without eating right and exercising. Also, never take a diet pill without consulting your doctor first, letting he or she know of all the different medications you are presently taking.
• Kirstie Alley recently dropped over 60 pounds as a spokeswoman and follower of the Jenny Craig diet plan. She recently revealed her new figure by wearing a bikini on Oprah.
• Penelope Cruz credits her slender figure to sleeping for 12 hours a day. This way she sleeps her way through potential food craving-filled blocks of time.
• According to the Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets stars love trampolines! Either a full-size or a mini trampoline, is a great investment to get slim in a hurry. Not only is it a super-fun way to exercise, but stars jump on trampolines for 15 minutes a day, a few days before a big event. Why? Because it reduces water retention and bloating quickly and naturally. You can get a mini trampoline for under 40 bucks! Not a bad investment.
• Britney Spears’s weight loss is credited to her switching from Cheetos to Chicken. She also started to work out again and practice dance moves. Making up choreography and dancing are both great, fun, creative ways to lose weight.
• Pam Anderson brushes her teeth and snacks on sugar free gum to avoid falling into the food craving trap.
• Oprah Winfrey, Eva Longoria and Angelina Jolie use Wu Long Chinese Slimming Tea. This tea is more powerful than green tea in antioxidants and metabolism revving capability. It also helps clear acne, improved mental and physical well being and strengthens teeth! It is truly a wonder tea.
• Drew Barrymore likes to snack on strawberry and lime flavored sugar free candy to keep food cravings at bay.
• According to beauty experts Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, eating a salad with a vinegar-based dressing before your meal is a little known Hollywood dieting secret. The vinegar cuts your cravings because the acid in it keeps your blood sugar levels stable for two hours. Speaking of vinegar, Michelle Stafford of The Young and the Restless is a huge fan! In the morning she mixes eight ounces of hot water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and the juice of half a lemon, to reduce toxins in her body, to get energy, and to lose weight.
• Jessica Alba has said, "Everyone in my family is heavily overweight. I wanted to be healthier, so I started cooking for myself when I was 12 years old. When I eat breakfast, I’ll have an egg-white omelette and fruit, or cottage cheese and a peach. For lunch, I’ll have a salad. Dinner is usually vegetables and chicken or fish. During the day I’ll have some dried fruit, or I’ll have a chocolate or strawberry frozen yogurt. I don’t really eat desserts or bread."
• When asked about her workout routine, Jessica Alba said, "I try to work out every day for 45 minutes to an hour. I start out on the treadmills or elliptical machine for 10 to 15 minutes to get my heart rate up to 180 beats per minute. Then I do 50 lunges and crunches. Next I get back on the machine for another 10 minutes. Then I work on shoulders, biceps and triceps. I do that nonstop for four sets. When I work out, I have energy and feel good about myself."
• Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Appleton and Kate Moss have followed the dieting and detoxing regimens of Dr. Joshi. Gwyneth Paltrow sought his help when she was having a hard go at losing baby weight. He gave her a list of everything she can and can’t eat to get back to her pre-baby figure. Gwyneth used to eat only fruits, grains and vegetables but now eats bananas, chicken, turkey, vegetables and white fish on this new plan.
• Heidi Klum got in Victoria Secret Fashion Show shape, eight weeks after her baby was born by following the strategies of David Kirsch, the author of the Ultimate New York Diet and the Ultimate New York Body Plan. Liv Tyler is a big fan of a health-enhancing juice from his line of food products. His books prescribe a healthy, great-tasting diet, with exercise, and an attitude adjustment.
• How the Rich Get Thin and French Women Don’t Get Fat are two diet books that purport to have little known secrets used among the elite for dieting success.
• Protein snacks, are popular among celebrities. Snacks like apples and cheese will keep you full and feeling satisfied between meals. Be sure to stick with low-fat cheese.
• Many celebrities go with a protein rich breakfast. You could go with egg white omelets, yogurt with nuts mixed in, or smoothies with yogurt, milk or protein powder.
Additional Resources: E Channel 101 Incredible Celebrity Slim Downs, Shapefit.com, The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets, by Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, Plume Books of Penguin Group.
New Years Beauty Resolutions
To help make this your best year ever, we offer these fabulous resolutions that you might consider. All will help you look better but some will even make you healthier!
Wear Makeup That’s Good for Your Skin
Not a fan of the whole foundation-mask feeling? Many foundations are heavy and can cause acne or can age your skin, causing fine lines. The supermodel secret is out. Breathable makeup is in! What is breathable makeup? Well, there is a new makeup out called Dermacia. It is worn by supermodels like Rachel Hunter and celebrities like Carrie Underwood. What makes it different than traditional makeup is that it attracts 308% more oxygen to your skin than wearing no makeup! Oxygen is great to clear the skin and to create collagen which keeps the skin from aging. So Dermacia is truly the first anti-acne, anti-acne makeup. And it reduces the appearance of fine lines as soon as you put it on! And how about this: Dermacia is water-resistant for up to 90 minutes so you can wear it while you swim or go the gym! To find out more click here: Dermacia.com
Become Beautiful through Becoming Healthier
Beauty and health go hand in hand. Sure, beauty can be bought from a plastic surgeon. But why should you have to go that route when you don’t have to? If you take care of your health you can be naturally beautiful for many years to come. There are plenty of older women who have never had plastic surgery who still look healthy and vibrant, and therefore beautiful. What are the top secrets for beauty longevity? They are: eat good for you food, drink lots of water, exercise regularly, get a good night sleep, quit smoking and other bad habits, take a supplement, and reduce your stress level. To get the full scoop, click here: Great Skin from the Inside .
Life Coaching Tip:
How to Stick to Your New Years Resolutions
Well, we’re almost done with January. Have you already abandoned your New Years resolutions? Or are you one of those who can keep the motivation going- vividly imagining the payout to come? How do people stay in the “honeymoon phase” of their New Years resolutions? Celebrities can’t decide, “Oh well, I don’t feel like working out today”, or, “I am not in the mood for a rehearsal today”. They look and do good because they have no choice. They are being paid to be better than average, so without the edge, they don’t get the job. So if you want to be successful, whether that means starting a business in your home, becoming a musician, writing a novel, getting a promotion, or getting straight A’s, it literally pays to become familiar with the monthly tips we send to you in this e-zine. We will keep you up to date with the latest technology and ideas for becoming a successful, motivated person who doesn’t waist her life. Here are some tricks used by the pros to start you out:
• Remember that it usually takes about 21 days to cultivate a habit, so plan for slip-ups during the early days.
• Exercise in the beginning of the day, as recommended by celebrity motivational expert, Tony Robbins. This has many benefits: You get it over with early, it gives you energy for the whole day and since exercising improves mood, and you get a mood-lifting endorphin rush for a few hours afterward, the workout session will set the day up in a positive way.
• Visualize very strongly what it will be like to reap the rewards of whatever mission you are embarking on. Think about it in full, amazing color! Think of the sounds, scents, tastes, the songs playing, and the scenery at the moment of success. Think of how happy you’d be and how many doors would open for you!
• Even Rocky needed theme music. Everyone knows of songs that would enhance the mood of whatever you were doing. For example, the Rocky theme is a favorite of people trying to work out. “She’s a Maniac” may be good for someone who wants to dance fast. Everyone has their favorite, “Let me wallow in my break-up sadness song”. Start collecting your perfect soundtrack so you can work more efficiently.
• Want to stimulate your creativity, imagination and motivation? Go to Disney World and check out the marvelous things Walt Disney and his Imagineers have done. You can’t help but recharge your excitement for success!
Self Improvement Tip:
New Year, New You through Journaling: Daydream, daydream, daydream. Keep a journal about daydreams and real dreams. Daydream about real life, day dream about fictional life. Read, read, read. Write about what happened today in your journal. This is all material for projects to make you successful or to keep track of progress you are making toward your goal. Write, write, write. Even if it seems stupid. You can pull the diamonds out of the rough later. Plus, at some point in your life you are going to want to reminisce about what you were thinking about at this age!
We hope you enjoyed this New Year Special Edition of Celebrity Beauty Secret Ezine!
We hope you have a wonderful 2007!
See you next month!
Editor-in-Chief, Celebrity Beauty Secret Goldmine